Cook Chinese...: 5 Things… (meme) Cook Chinese...

Cook Chinese...

Friday, January 11, 2008

5 Things… (meme)

I was tagged for this meme by Margot from Coffee and Vanilla

Here are the questions and my answers….
What were you cooking/baking 10 years ago?
On my own? Nothing. But I was helping my grandfather to bake cakes for Christmas, Easter & other occasions. That’s how my adventure with cooking/baking begins in a first place.

What were you cooking/baking one year ago?
What was on the top of my list? Iced buns (I think it’s called a Swiss Iced Finger). It looks like this:
I was also baking/cooking traditional polish Poppy Seed Cake & yeast-cake, Monkey bread and great casserole with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots & sunflower seeds under béchamel. There were more, but those above were my best.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Cini Minis;
2. Bacon Prunes;
3. Chicken, rise and pineapple salad;
4. cashew with raisins
5. And most of crunchy snacks

Five recipes you know by heart:
1. Grilled porkneck or spare ribs
2. Bacon Prunes
3. Poppy seed cake
4. Summer apple pie
5. Polish white borscht

Five culinary luxuries you would indulge in if you were a millionaire:
1. large kitchen with traditional bread stove
2. more expensive ingredients, like sea food
3. sushi at least once a week
4. really expensive (best quality) kitchen appliances like food-processor
5. my very own wine-cellar (full of course)

Five foods you would love to cook/bake:
1. crème brûlée
2. Obelix’s style, whole wild boar
3. few medieval (and older) traditional dishes
4. to brew my own beer
5. Mazurek Kajmakowy - basically it's a shortcake with fudge on top and looks like this
or this:
or however you want :} Generaly its traditional Easter cake, but ornamentation depends mostly on your ability and imagination.

Five foods you cannot/will not eat:
1. milk – I have allergy
2. raw meat
3. anything cooked/baked with eyes
4. tomato soup
5. sweet meat (like made with raisins)

Five favorite culinary toys:
1. meat rolling-pin (yup, that’s right – newest polish invention. It looks like normal rolling-pin, but has spikes like meat hammer/tenderizer). Look: It may spin, or you can tide up this screw to use it like a normal meat tenderizer. 2. silicon baking mold
3. whisk
4. silicon brush
5. special pannikin with flour sieve on the bottom, like this one here:

Five dishes on your "last meal" menu:
1. Sushi
2. Grilled porkneck or spare ribs
3. Some sea food
4.Botle of Porto
5. Polish doughnuts (I fry them myself with self made rose petals preserve). Should look like this:
Five happy food memories:
1. baking with my grandfather.
2. Many moments, when I baked/cooked for my friends
3. cooking for 120 people on boy scout camp in a middle of tank range (challenging, but also very happy moment)
4. visiting with my friends the Capio D’oro - best restaurant on Mazury (polish Land of Thousand Lakes)
5. dinner on kayak in a middle of a lake or on the river bank.

I would love to find out about some other bloggers as well so I’m tagging for this meme:

Clotilde of Chocolate and Zucchini
Scott of RealEpicurean
Sean of Hedonia
Simon of Plate of the Day

16 Comments:

  • Hey,

    Thank you for doing this! :)
    I really enjoyed reading your meme... especially the part about meat rolling-pin!! Never seen anything like this.

    Ciao, Margot

    By Blogger Coffee and Vanilla, at 12:35 AM  

  • Ups - I forgot to add pics of it. Doing this right away!

    And thanks - I'm really glad you enjoyed this :}

    By Blogger Voidan, at 1:44 AM  

  • Thank you for uploading the picture! It is really interesting... and a little bit scary :)

    Margot

    By Blogger Coffee and Vanilla, at 10:54 PM  

  • Well - imagine, what husband may think when wife will welcome him at the door in the morning with it... He will never go out with his mates again! :P

    By Blogger Voidan, at 11:56 PM  

  • Hi there

    Have just found your blog and it is yest another example of all the great food blogs that are out there! I just don't have time to read all the blogs I have saved at this stage! I started off blogging myself and have just set up www.ifoods.tv which is a place for foodies, bloggers and chefs to hand out and share their recipes, photos and food videos. Would love to see you there sharing some of your great photos! Keep up the great work on the blog, have bookmarked it so will be a regular reader!

    By Blogger www.ifoods.tv, at 12:58 AM  

  • Very Very visually appealing…great presentation

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

  • Hello Voidan:

    I am a fellow blogger who has learnt it the hard way that getting traffic for a blog is a very painful process.

    After being frustrated for several months, i started a project so that different bloggers can help each other in growing their reader base.

    http://blogoxy.com

    Blogoxy guarantees to bring more readers to your blog.Take a look and please give me your feedback.

    Thanks
    ~deek

    By Blogger Webinsider, at 12:20 PM  

  • Rather cool place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some pics :).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 AM  

  • Nice article you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning that matter. Thnx for giving this material.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

  • I check your blog once in a while and always find interesting reading. Thanks for posting photos too!

    By Anonymous anadrol, at 2:17 PM  

  • Maybe I am just hungry, but that Swiss iced finger looks tasty right now!

    By Anonymous Success, at 10:22 PM  

  • Hope to see same more information in futere.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 AM  

  • Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM  

  • I liked the idea of Five happy food memories.It is a nice concept.
    I remembered the day when i got my first salary and i had given treat to my father at Chinese restaurant.

    Olive Garden coupons

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:29 AM  

  • it's very useful!congratulations!

    By Blogger CocinaConCris, at 1:51 AM  


  • Lots of individuals will end up being benefited from a writing. Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home